Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

Suitors in Suits.

Nothing is better than a guy in a sharp suit.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I love the rugged blue jeans and the I'm casual-but-cool-like-Thelma-and-Louise-Brad-Pitt (no) T-shirt look.  But nothing is sexier, more attractive, or classier than when a guy cleans up.  Automatically their whole macho, I'm God's gift to humanity persona floats away and they become these sophisticated, sensitive, suave, and well, James Bond-esque men.  Who can resist?!

I feel like not enough people give guys credit when they wear suits, especially when it comes to awards shows.  Joan Rivers is constantly barking (yes, barking) about how the guy always looks so boring...yada yada yada.  And then if the guy goes a little to the crazy side, like add a spark of color, she tears him to pieces.  It's such a fine line and there is little room for creativity. aka. Annoying!  And really, in case Joan didn't notice - she looks like she went through a wind tunnel and her face stayed that way.  Honestly, who let her be a fashion police anyways?

Despite what celebrities and What Not to Wear connoisseurs claim about men's red carpet style, I love it.  All of it.  You can go classic with Armani or edgy with Marc Jacobs.  You can go navy, ebony, or white.  Mix it up with a little color.  Any way you swing it, guys just look great in suits.  Here are some of my favorite dashing looks:

Oh boys, boys, boys!  Let's go left to right.  
Adrian Brody: Great color, great stance, skinny tie, brown shoes. Mixing brown with blackish grey was an interesting choice...Still, I approve.  
Russell Brand: Quirky look, just like him and his strikingly gorgeous fiance (for the time being) Katy Perry.  Like I said, I can't rip on him for taking a chance. After all, he looks way more attractive here than he has in other moments caught on film (Can we say Meet the Greeks?)
Taylor Lautner:  Rawr! This werewolf teen knows exactly how to make the girls go wild.  Love the silky looking grey suit with the peeping black shirt underneath.  Very cool, very chill, very mature.
Chace Crawford:  I just can't get enough of this suit...or him for that matter. 
P-Diddy: Well, you don't mess with Diddy.  And he's made that perfectly clear with this suit.  This suit makes him look like he's in charge, in control, and has more confidence than...well P-Diddy.

The. Rat. Pack.  Old time classic men, enjoying their cigarettes, fame, and immense fortune.  And look at that million-dollar watt smile. Oh Frank, "I've got a crush on you".


McDreamy's gone McClassy.  A far cry from his surgical mask and scrubs, don't ya think?  The classiest doctor around, if you ask me.  He looks timeless in this Versace suit.  Now, if we could only have an McClassy ad campaign with McDreamy AND McSteamy.  Then my life would be McComplete.


See, even Guidos can look classy!  This is my best friend, and I must admit that he looks quite handsome.  He knows how to look his best (even with rhinestone studs in his ears).  Taking the chance with the robin egg blue and the grey suit, I'd say he did a stupendous job.  Classy in an instant.  But what else would you expect? :)


To those men who are disbelievers of the power of suits:

Like every good man, I strive for perfection, and, like every ordinary man, I have found that perfection is out of reach - but not the perfect suit.  ~Edward Tivnan



No comments:

Post a Comment