Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Classiest Gams Around


Over the years there has been quite a fine line drawn between showing too much and showing just enough skin.  Modesty has become a quality that is completely unique to each individual.  My grandmother's version of modesty would look something like this:
Actually, this picture is very Grace Kelly-esque and I'm totally in love with style.  If I lived in the 50s, I would've totally loved this classy fashion era.  Full skirts are perfect for the Kim Kardashians of this world who have those voluptuous booties and skinny waists.  Accentuate the positives and minimize the negatives is what I always say.

It seems appropriate dress has changed incredibly since then, and now our generation has set a woman's best assets free: her legs!  Today we see short skirts, dresses, and shorts that show off those beautiful gams.  Muscular, toned legs might as well be considered a fashion accessory!  Let's take a look at the best and classiest legs in the entertainment industry:


Recently I've found this new appreciation for this health-crazed, fitness guru, worst-baby namer ever actress. She is the person who introduced the world to fitness expert Tracy Anderson on an episode of Oprah (where else?).  Apparently, the 5' trainer sculpted post-baby Gwyneth's body to look like this.  In my opinion, this Iron Man star has the best gams in Tinsel Town.  They are thin, with the perfect amount of muscle: typically a hard balance to find.  But I guess with one hour of dance cardio and one hour of strength training a day, I would look as good as she does.  Not to mention, she eats a very regimented diet and detoxes like its her job.  I even tried her detox diet once, but I barely lasted a day.  Terrible idea.  It's one of those things that they should preface with "Don't try this at home".  


But really, she looks phenomenal.  The proportions of her suit are impeccable, and her shoes - I just want to steal them!  A+ on this outfit.  I like that this normally minimalist dresser spiced things up a bit with the shoes, and obviously, her legs.  


If you really want to learn more about Ms Paltrow and her bohemian lifestyle, she has a fabulous blog that I follow religiously.  It's called GOOP and it has really interesting information categorized by: Make, Go, Get, Do, See, and Be.  It's really intuitively written and just discusses how to be the best version of yourself.  Check it out.
Classy scale: 10
Can we just gawk at this girl for a couple of minutes?  This outfit is my favorite at the moment.  It is THE outfit of the week.  A lot of people give Ms Kardashian a lot of crap, but she has always been a favorite of mine.  As you know, I'm all about the class, but Keeping up with the Kardashians is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine.  It's just so juicy and hysterical.  Their family dynamic is the best - quality television.


Now, she has always embraced her curvalicious body, and has been celebrated for it.  Kudos to her for differentiating herself from the anorexically thin socialites like Paris and Nicole.  This exotic bombshell looks amazing, especially since she's been promoting a healthier lifestyle.  Though I'm not quite sure how much Quick Trim contributed to her little weight loss, she does look lean and mean in this photo.  And with those nude heels...Ah!  Foxy.


She's not exactly who I would categorize as normally "classy" or "refined", but I do think she epitomizes a timeless beauty.  You can't deny that.  Plus, she is contributing to a physical ideal that is a more realistic body type.  So, that in itself is classy, and I raise my glass to her.
Classy scale: 8
Jessica Szohr has become one of my favorite characters on Gossip Girl.  Maybe I'm just a fan of brunettes and she is quite the sharp dresser.  Most days i like what she's wearing over Blake Lively who has become the go-to Gossip Girl apparently.  Everyone is obsessed with her.  And if Kim was an exotic beauty Jessica has her topped.  She is Hungarian and a "quarter African American".  Plus, she nabbed Ed Westwick, which that in itself is something to be jealous about.  


She is another one who shows off her legs like its her job, and she should!  She knows how to work it and work out to make sure she is in top shape.  Such inspiration.  I mean, if I could date a Brit babe like Eddy boy, I would work out like a feen too.  


And can we just take a minute to pause and look at her combination of pieces in this picture.  Florals and military?  I love it.  It's just girly enough and just masculine enough.  And look at that grin she's got - it makes the picture a thousand times prettier.  Smile on Jessica.


Classy scale: 10










Blake, darling you are stellar.  Her legs are AMAZINg in this photo.  And she claims she doesn't work out, which of course makes me nauseous.  Because I refuse to believe that anyone can look this good and not work majorly hard at it.  She knows how to dress her body, and she's always taking chances with her wardrobe which I admire.  Fresh-faced in this photo, the frills on her dress are avant garde, but in a fantastically whimsical way.  It works.


I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this outfit, except I do wonder - how the heck does she sit down in that thing?  


Classy scale: 7






And don't worry about living up to these beautifully constructed women.  You'll still be able to find a guy.  The sassy Marlene Dietrich says is poignantly, "The average man is more interested in a woman who is interested in him than he is a woman with beautiful legs."  Phew. I thought we all had to detox and wear unsittable attire to find a man! I'm relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment