Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

There's Nothing Lacy About Convenience Love

It is true that love comes in all shapes and sizes.  From age differences, to different races, to people finally finding their soul mates well into their sixties.  I came to the realization tonight, that love shouldn't be about what is "normal", but rather what is abnormal.  What makes the relationship so special, what makes it uncomfortable.  Too often we are programmed to think that we should just marry the person we've been with the longest, have the most complicated history with, or who everyone expects us to end up with.  It becomes a matter of convenience rather than true love.  And in my book, there is nothing lacy about that!

Yes, true love is hard to find.  But when you find it (though I definitely still haven't), I think you'll just know.  At least I hope so.  I'm just waiting for God to knock me on the head and say, "Hey check him out!" I guess for now the best we can do is take some pointers from the couples of our time - Faith and Tim, Jada and Will, John and June, Beauty and the Beast, and even Posh and Becks - love is in the air, we just have to look around!




"I think what makes our marriage work amid all the glare is that my husband is my best friend. He inspires everything in my life and enables me to do the best that I can. I want to hang out with him more than anyone. " - Faith Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment