Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lace & Love & The Tony's

Can someone PLEASE tell me what was up with the Tony's on Sunday??  I was so disappointed with the performances (except for dear Lea Michele's).  But really, everyone just seemed so unprepared: the timing was off, people couldn't read the TelePrompTer, etc.  I mean, I know that the Tony's aren't necessarily the most talked about awards show, but I was less than impressed to say the least.  At least the Tony committee had the sense enough to award Catherine Zeta-Jones with the wings.  She was fabulous in ALNM, and deserves to be recognized in the musical theater community. (Plus, I have a relative in that show which means even if I didn't want to, I have to support it - and it's Sondheim - I mean really, who doesn't like Sondheim?)  But enough blabber, let's talk fashion!


Naomi Watts and Liev Shreiber

Absolutely stunning!  They were the best looking couple of the night.  Don't get me wrong, I love a dashing Will and Jada, but these Aussie residents had it going on!

Scarlett Johansson

Elegance to the max.  She epitomized Broadway in this one dress.  I love the glitz and the glam, and the fact that it's a black dress.  Stunning.  Mrs. Ryan Reynolds knows how to play up her bombshell figure to a T.  Not sure about the hair, but who's judging?


Cate Blanchett

Since when is Queen Elizabeth from the future?  Really now, this suit, if that's what you can call it, is atrocious.  It looks like someone made it out of some terrible, cheap material and then put a shine serum all over it!  I appreciate her being daring, but maybe next time Cate, don't make me worry about being blinded by your reflection.


Lea Michele

Love the girl.  Love the voice.  Love the dress.  Hate the hair.  Those bangs have got to go.  This FHM hottie has made leaps and bounds since her first days as a Spring Awakening star.  She looks absolutely stunning (besides the bangs), and her performance was easily the best of the night.  Just love her.  I think the world has a lot more to see of this guru, and 
I am excited.

Hopefully next year's Tony's are a little better, performance-wise.  After all, should we expect anything less of the theater capital of the world?!



No comments:

Post a Comment